Three scenes spanning fifty years of Troup County history are featured. The first scene is from the Early Settlement period, circa 1830s to the 1850s. A grand Greek Revival house and a simpler story-and-a-half along with cotton pickers, an overseer, and a woman from the main house are shown amidst a field of cotton. Cotton served as a major money crop for plantations and farms.
The middle scene is from LaGrange Female Academy (now LaGrange College) and dates from 1831 to the 1850s. Shown is the original college building on Broad Street which burned in the 1860s. The Academy taught students from primary grades to college.
The railroad scene shows the 1865-1910 passenger depot of the Atlanta & West Point Railroad along with a steam locomotive and train. The depot was located next to the train tracks at East Depot Street.
Several members of the Troup County Historical Society served as models for the historical figures. Wes Hardin of Dothan, and Cora Waterhouse of LaGrange painted this mural for Legacy Museum on Main.
The McCormick Reaper and Binder was originally used on the Glanton and later Hutchinson Farm off Georgia 109. The reaper dates from the late 1800s and was donated by Ann and Ted Beason. The machine was made presentable by the West Georgia Technical College Skills Chapter with help from the Center for Integrated Manufacturing. Special thanks to James Fletcher and Jim Biagi, Skills Advisor.